The data we gather and how we use it
Users of this website include potential customers, readers who post comments, trading partners, and any other parties submitting information to us via our Contact forms, via e-mail and through our Comments facility. We may need to use or keep track of the information you provide to us when you visit this site so that we can respond to you and improve both the site and our services. We may also use the information you provide to us to send invoices, collect payments, carry out business development. We do not under any circumstances pass your data to any third parties without your knowledge and consent. A mailing list opt-in checkbox on the contact form is requred to be ticked for a client to give consent to be added to a mailing list. A mailing list would be used for sending details of promotions, new products and newsletters. A client may instruct us at any time to be removed from our mailing lists.
Our website may contain links to partners, clients, and other sites of interest to our users. We do not control the privacy practices of these sites or any others.
Information sharing and disclosure
Martyn Thomas Photography will not provide information about you to anyone else, with the exception of the following:
- It may be necessary to give some of your personal data to our trading partners, such as delivery companies, in order to deliver your orders.
- We will provide the information collected in the event we are required to provide such information by a court, administrative or governmental order or other legal process.
Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will store all the personal information you provide on our password- protected computers. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet. You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential.
Website Terms & Conditions of Use
This web site is owned by Martyn Thomas Photography (the “Owner”). Your use of this web site is conditional upon your agreeing to these terms.
This web site is provided by the Owner on an “as is” basis without warranty, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, any warranty as to title or merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose to the fullest extent permitted by the law. Use of this web site is subject to your agreeing not to make or permit any unauthorised modifications to the web site, and acknowledging the risk of such modification by unauthorised third parties. If access to this web site has been restricted by means of a password granted to you, you will not divulge this password to any other person without the prior consent of the Owner.
The Owner reserves the right at any time without notice to change, revise or amend the content of this web site. There may be links to other websites from the Martyn Thomas Photography website; however, these other websites are not controlled by Martyn Thomas Photography and we are not responsible for any content contained on any such website or any loss suffered by you in relation to your use of such websites. You waive any and all claims against Martyn Thomas Photography regarding the inclusion of links to outside websites or your use of those websites.
Nothing in these terms shall operate to grant to you any intellectual property rights and goodwill in any of the content of this web site, including without limitation any trade and service marks, trade or business names, domain names, design rights, copyright, moral rights, database rights (whether or not any of these is registered), know-how, confidential information and trade secrets used and employed.
You shall use your best endeavours to preserve the confidentiality of any information identified by the Owner prior to disclosure to you as confidential or proprietary information.
LIMITS OF LIABILITY
To the fullest extent permitted by the law, neither the Owner nor any of its directors, employees or agents shall be liable for:
- any direct, indirect, consequential, special or other damage howsoever resulting from your use of this web site;
- any inaccuracies or typographical errors in the content of this web site or interruptions howsoever caused in its use;
- any detrimental reliance by you either on the content of this web site or its suitability for your purposes;
- any viruses, worms or other items of a destructive nature downloaded or otherwise received from this web site;
- any modifications or corruptions arising from any unauthorised third party access to this web site;
- the content of any web site which may be accessed through or linked through to from this web site over which the Owner does not exercise any control whether financial, editorial or of any other kind.
- In no event shall the total liability of the Owner to you for all or any loss or damage incurred by you exceed the total amount paid by you, if any, to the Owner for access to and use of this web site.
You will indemnify the Owner as is reasonable in the circumstances if a third party makes a claim against the Owner based on any actual or alleged:
- negligent or wilful acts or omissions committed by you or persons authorised by you;
- failure by you or persons authorised by you to comply with all or any legislation or government regulation governing this web site or its use;
- infringement by you or persons authorised by you of any intellectual property rights in any of the content of this web site.